Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Cross country

X-country

As the teachers said year eight boys stand forward my  heart started to pound i was nervous, scared and waiting for Mrs Cutler to say go. I was waiting there anxiously with goosebumps everywhere, Then bang it's a go! As i was running down the slippery gravel track , nearly falling over , I didn't feel nervous anymore, Slipping and sliding in the mud. I  came around the corner and i looked ahead, and i could see all the different shoes stuck in the mud. I then carried on up the hill, then stopped at Mrs Ryken giving her a blue shoe. I then carried on up the hill when i heard brad yell “come on stop slacking off”., I carry up and down the hills as i catched up to Alex and Watane. My legs grew heavy, but I was still running through the mud and thick grass with cow poo lingering around my nose. We then get closer to the finish line and started to pick up the speed. As we approached the finish line  with everyone cheering us on , We reached the finish line and i slide into the thick boggy mud, which got on my face and clothes. I felt so exhausted and my heart was pounding, I couldn't believe i had done it even though i didn't make it in i had the best fun for my last year and cross country.

No comments:

Post a Comment